- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
Desired Outcome Goal:
* Locate / Delete old (orphaned) hold requests -- where a pop-up message states:
"Item doesn't exist" or
"Unable to find matching item"
* Prevent such cases in the future
* Use the following SQL to locate z37 records with no corresponding z30 item record:
xxx50-SQL> select substr(z37_rec_key,1,15) from z37 minus select z30_rec_key from z30;
* And this to locate such requests which also have a Title Request:
xxx50-SQL> select substr(z37_rec_key,1,15) from z37 where z37_request_type = 'T' minus select z30_rec_key from z30;
In the case where there is a Title Request you will need to locate the z370 Title Request record (in the $usr_library):
* There is no Aleph service for deleting the z37's or z370's. Contact ExLibris Support for assistance (ask them to check the Internal Notes).
* To prevent future occurrences, run the following GUI Services regularly -- especially, prior to deleting multiple item records --:
1. cir-06 (Hold shelf report) and
2. cir-17 (Report / delete expired hold requests)
The system should not allow an item to be deleted when there is a hold on the item.
There are still at least two cases where this can happen:
1. manage-50 (Create holdings and item records using bibliographic data) -- see KB 8192-4952 ("p_manage_50 Leaves Orphaned Hold Requests When Deleting Items") -- and
2. online with certain circumstances involving the “Item – Delete by override a block" permission -- see KB 16384-2707 ("Delete item: z37_end_request_date & “Item – Delete by override a block" Denied") Fixed in version 20.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013