- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
What are the most common causes of Aleph down systems and how can they be prevented?
1. The most common cause of Aleph down systems is "license limited exceeded" due to clear_vir01 failing to properly reinitialize the vir01 z63, z65, z05, or z110 tables. The solution to this problem is to take the pc_server and www_server down when clear_vir01 is running and to make certain that the vir01 batch queue is running. See links to articles in Additional Information below.
2. /exlibris filesystem reaching 100% full or an Oracle tablespace becoming full and unable to get another extent. See links to articles in Additional Information below.
3. Batch update of Oracle table makes incorrect updates and needs to be undone. The main principle is to back up the tables affected by the batch update (using the file-03 Service or Oracle backup) prior to running the update -- so they can be restored if necessary. See also, article in Additional Information below.
4. Batch jobs don't run. See link to article in Additional Information below.
1. Relevant articles for clear_vir01 problems:
- License limit exceeded or System is overloaded **MASTER RECORD**
- *Master record for search problems resulting from clear_vir01 problems*
- GUI "License limit exceeded"
- Restart Servers from job_list
- clear_vir01 doesn't run *MASTER RECORD*
- Searches redisplays Initial OPAC screen; no results
- Same results repeated for all searches; short-a-body file not being displayed
2. Relevant articles for space problems:
Our /exlibris file system keeps filling up. How can we tell what's causing this?
/exlibris filesystem 100% full; locating files to delete **MASTER RECORD**
Unable to extend table **MASTER RECORD**
Handling Oracle Tablespaces in Aleph 21
util o/14/1 doesn't have meaningful data; how to tell if AUTOETEND is ON
3. Relevant article for incorrect batch load:
Process to back up doc records before overwrite with p_manage_18
4. Relevant articles for batch jobs not running:
Batch jobs don't run
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016