- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
The message "Could not create the Java virtual machine" occurs in trying to view/print a large report (50 - 100 MB) in the GUI Task Manager.
1. Break the output into smaller pieces by doing multiple runs of the job, each limited to a particular sublibrary, borrower status, etc.
2. See if the output can be printed successfully on a different pc. If so, use that pc.
* The "Could not create the Java virtual machine" is not an Aleph message -- it's a Windows message.
* This message has been seen in trying to print the output of the following jobs:
cash-02 ("Cash Transaction Report"),
cir-05 ("Patron List"),
acq-10 ("Invoice Report"), and
ret-adm-01 ("General Retrieval Form").
* The following web page addresses this error: http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=677639
Category: Circulation (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013