- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Desired Outcome Goal:
Search by Inventory number in the GUI
To add the new index enabling searching from the regular GUI search tab:
1. Add new line to xxx01/tab/tab_expand
WORD expand_doc_bib_z30 CONF=expand_doc_bib_z30_inv,TAG=INV
2. Add new file xxx01/tab/expand_doc_bib_z30_inv containing
# z30-inventory-number a space N
The item record inventory number field is then expanded into the BIB record INV field.
3. To index the new field, add lines to existing files, as indicated below:
INV 01 WIV
xxx01/tab/tab00.lng [New line]
H WIV W-030 00 00 W-Inventory number
(naming above is only an example, the settings can be changed to another index code or word breaking routine)
4. Restart the PC server and the indexing daemon ue_01. For new records, the indexing will immediately work
5. To reindex older records, the whole database must be reindexed
* Remember to add the new field and index to tables in all languages.
* By default, searching for the inventory number or inventory date is only possible via the General Retrieval Form (ret-adm-01) service because the inventory number is not configured as an index.
Category: Cataloging - ALEPH
Subject: Search - ALEPH
- Article last edited: 2/25/2014