- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
Some of our records are missing field 001 although fix program fix_doc_001 is set in xxx01/tab/tab_fix for routine INS2.
That are supposedly cases where records were loaded into the database and routine INS2 was not activated for some reason. Please see also knowledge base item "No 001 field (with ALEPH system number) created when loading OCLC records?
In order to fix this problem please follow below workflow:
1. Run "Download Machine-Readable Records (print-03)" for those records (Use the list of record's system numbers as input file *) and extract all fields by typing #####.
2. Load the records back using "Load ALEPH Sequential MARC Records (manage-18)"with the following parameters:
Input file= Output of print-03
Procedure to run=Update current records in the database
If Updating Current Records=Replace fields within a record
All records will be updated with the programs added to fix routine INS2 in xxx01/tab/tab_fix.
Please note that the records are also re-indexed so this might take some time. You may split the input file for manage-18 into smaller pieces.
* If a list does not exist yet use "Retrieve records (ret-01)" in order to find all records that have no 001 field.
Category: Background processing (500)
Subject: Indexing (500)
- Article last edited: 22-July-2016