- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Are MARC record fields (001, 040, FMT, LDR, STA, H01, etc.) stored in a particular order?
In general, "sort record" will sort all fields according to their order in the table with some exceptions.
All the bib-loading / bib-creating processes sort MARC tags according to the order of the ./tab/tab01.lng table -- EXCEPT for the 5xx, 6xx, 7xx and 8xx fields, which are left in the original entry order WITHIN each group.
Thus, if tab01.lng has the numeric MARC tags in numeric order and the input record has "001, 008, 050, 010, 651, 245, and 650", the sorted output will be: "001, 008, 010, 050, 245, 651, and 650". Note that the 6xx fields remain sorted according to the order they were entered by the cataloger.
Additional Info / Related Articles
* This is true also for authority records.
* The program which sorts the fields is ./com/sort_docx.
* See also KCS Solution Article "Sort Order of 6XX Fields in Catalog Record"
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016