- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
For system generated barcodes, there are two options:
1. creating item barcodes using the Z30-REC-KEY [ADM record number + item sequence number]
2. creating them using last-barcode-number from UTIL/G/2
The default setting for the item barcode is option 1. If option 2 is preferred, add the following line to xxx50/tab/tab_checksum:
Note: these options were formerly set in tab100 (TAB100-DEFAULT-ITEM-BARCODE) and are now located in ./tab/tab_checksum.
Additional Info / Related Articles
It is also possible to manually generate barcodes; for example, scanning a barcode sticker with a barcode scanner. For more information about acceptable scanners, see Article "Acceptable types of barcodes and scanners for use with Aleph".
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016