- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Column 5 in the file_list is the tablespace the table (or Oracle index) resides in.
1. Do we have to use TS1D, TS2D, TS3D, TS4D, TS1X, TS2X, TS3X, and TS4X as the tablespace names?
2. Also, how do we know what tablespaces to put what tables in?
1. You do not have to use TSnD and TSnX. You can use whatever tablespace names you like. As described in KB 8037 (v16 rep_change 198), you can use file_list_tsnn lines to modify the $aleph_root/tab/file_list.XXX template tablespace names or -- more commonly -- you can simply enter all your tables and indexes in the $data_root file_list -- with whatever tablespace names you like -- and then the $aleph_root/tab/file_list.XXX templates will not be consulted.
2. You want to put tables and indexes into the tablespaces so that, checking util o/14/1, you find that each tablespace has sufficient space free to accommodate the growth of the tables and indexes in it -- but not so much extra space free that it will never be used and is, in effect, being wasted.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013