- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
What do the different messages (A_ERROR, A_WARNING, A_INFO) in the Upgrade Express logs indicate?
* The A_INFO messages are the lowest severity. They should be read, but, generally, don't require any special action.
* The A_WARNING messages may or may not require action. If the "3. Run Upgrade Express" step is being run, then messages such as the following will appear:
"A_WARNING: The file xxxx already exists!" -- in regard to which, see the article " Upgrade Express: "A_WARNING: The file xxxx already exists!" " (KB 16384-63441).
* The A_ERROR messages usually require action. The most common are:
1. "Merge manually" messages, in regard to which, see the articles:
a. " Upgrade Express: "The file can not be upgraded automatically. Merge manually!" " (KB 16384-26529) and
b. " Dealing with UE warning & error messages for XSL files " (KB 16384-30804)
2. "The table znn does not exist in xxxnn", in regard to which, see the article " Upgrade Express: "A_ERROR: The table znn does not exist in xxxnn" " (KB 16384-63474)
The Upgrade Express main.log indicates for each step either "OK" or "FAILURE".
In the case of FAILURE, one or more of the following appears:
Errors reported, Warnings reported, or Information reported.
The individual step nnnn.log file will have, in the case of ...
Errors reported, an A_ERROR line;
Warnings reported, an A_WARNING line;
Information reported, an A_INFO line.
Category: Installation & Upgrades (500)
Subject: Upgrade Express (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013