- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
What is the purpose of each of the following files?
1. The plain aleph_start is sourced by the first line in $alephe_root/aleph_startup when aleph_startup is run:
It is the basic table, except as modified by aleph_start.tml (see below) via the utml procedure. aleph_start contains the startup values for the USMnn demo libraries.
2. The aleph_start.tml is used by the utml procedure to update aleph_start. This procedure is described in KB 8192-392.* It is not used otherwise.
3. aleph_start.private is source'd by the following line in aleph_start:
It contains the startup values for your local FDAnn libraries. It is not updated by the utml procedure.
* Note: Aleph does not *require* that changes be made to aleph_start via utml, but if you update aleph_start without
updating aleph_start.tml, you need to realize that you (or Ex Libris) will not be able to run utml until the aleph_start.tml has also been updated (-- unless you want to lose the changes you made).
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013