- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Desired Outcome Goal:
Restore records erroneously overlaid (deleted) (by load of MARCit bib records -- or otherwise).
The b_manage_18_a program checks for deleted records (DEL=Y), and does not allow them to be overlaid.
(The job log shows: "Cannot overwrite a deleted record".)
If relatively few records are involved, relink the items, by hand, to the new HOL record in GUI Cataloging.
If more records are involved, consult Ex Libris Support. Direct EL staff to the Internal Notes of this KB 16384-57091.
* MARCit records erroneously containing OCLC numbers were loaded.
* The OCLC numbers matched print records, and the print records were (erroneously) replaced.
* The associated holdings and items were also replaced since the sublibrary didn't match (-- the sublibraries of all of the MARCit records being electronic collections rather than print).
* The destroyed records have been identified and the bibliographic records have been restored from the Test instance, using manage-18 to overlay them.
* But the same does *not* work for Holdings records from Test since they have been logically deleted (DEL=Y) by the previous processing. They can neither be replaced using the manage-18 loader nor updated manually. (In both cases, a whole new record is created.)
* Items restored from Z30H would all need to be relinked by hand if the old holdings numbers can't be used.
Category: System management
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013