- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Yesterday 6/30 we ran Direct Index p_manage_05 on our v20 test system. We used 16 processes and it took about 12 min to process 1.37 million bib records. It finished around 4:48pm 6/30. But the ue_01, ue_01-word, ue_01_z102_index logs in abc01/scratch keep growing.
The questions I want to ask are:
1. Is the p_manage_05 index really finished?
2. Is the ue_01 need that long to process or there is something wrong?
3. Do we need to stop the ue_01 process?
1. "ps -ef | grep manage_05" shows that p_manage_05 is no longer running.
2. The run_e_01.15831 log was last written to on July 1 at 15:01. (Three hours and 30 minutes after you submitted this SI.) At that point, it had processed all of the z07 indexing requests.
3. ue_01 seems to be oK.
ue_01 processes z07 indexing-request records. p_manage_05 does *not* write z07 records. Therefore, p_manage_05 was *not* the cause of the ue_01 activity which you were seeing.
What happened was this:
a. You submitted p_manage_02 on June 29 with p_force_chk "N".
Since this p_manage_02 had not been preceded by p_manage_102, p_force_chk "N" was the appropriate setting.
b. On June 29, after p_manage_02 had finished, ue_08 created 1,204,206 z07 indexing requests:
aleph@abc(a20_1) ABC01> grep -c 'Update doc' run_e_08.15982
ue_01 processed 283,863 of these requests on June 29 and early June 30:
aleph@abc(a20_1) ABC01> grep -c HANDLING run_e_01.15982
aleph@abc(a20_1) ABC01> grep -c HANDLING run_e_01.5311
c. On the morning of June 30, you submitted p_manage_05 (which stopped the ue_01 indexing daemon).
d. On the afternoon of June 30, p_manage_05 finished and restarted ue_01, which continued processing the z07 indexing requests (created by ue_08).
ue_01 processed 512,486 z07's:
aleph@abc(a20_1) ABC01> grep -c HANDLING run_e_01.15831
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013