- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
ue_21 in the xxxnn library shows this:
(1) very heavy CPU activity for the ue_21 process (as seen in UTIL-C-1). This probably indicates looping.
(2) nothing written to the run_e_21 log indicating any activity.
Corrected by v22 rep_change 2210 ("If ue_21 runs in a non-publishing library, it exits immediately with the message: "NO PUBLISHING LIBRARY : EXITING - hh:mm:ss".
Start ue_21 in library which lacks a z07p table.
[Pre-rep_change 2210 resolution:]
This problem occurs when ue_21 is running in a library which doesn't have the Z07P table defined. This library will normally be an xxx01 bib library or and xxx30 Course library.
The solution is to either:
1) use util a 17/1 to define the Z07P table in this library or
2) remove the xxx01 library from the PUB_STARTUP_LIBS list in aleph_start.private, so that ue_21 does *not* start automatically in the library.
Note: Although Z00P is in the $usr_library, the Z07P (and ue_21) need to be in the bib (and Course) (and, possibly, authority) library.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013