The Borrowing Requests Subject Area is missing critical date components. For each item borrowed, users need to know
- the date the item was shipped from the lending library
- the date the item was received at the borrowing library
- the date the item was returned to the borrowing library
- if the item was sent in-transit back to the lending institution
- the date the item was checked-in to be put back on shelf
subject area: borrowing requests; fulfillment; resource sharing
Users are not able to adequately track where the items they have borrowed are without being able to check specific dates for each part of the transaction.
Also, couriers sometimes deliver these items over wide geographic areas. In order to ascertain the efficiency of the delivery process it is also imperative to have all 4 of these dates.
March 2020 release of Alma:
Shipping date was added to the Borrowing Requests SA -> Borrowing Request Details folder
From the IGeLU-ELUNA Analytics Working Group, Analytics Evidence Document
Please send questions or comments to the Analytics Working Group Listserv