What are the steps to override the Standard Opening Hours? First, how to set-up shorter opening hours for a library (e.g. during semester break, summer hours, holidays)? Secondly, how to add (configure) an earlier opening hour?
Here is a suggestion which works well based on several support cases:
Add "Closed" exceptions to reduce Standard Opening Hours. Add "Open" exception if the library will open for longer hours.
The steps are:
1. Navigate to : Configuration > Fulfillment.
2. Use the upper-left filter and change "Configuring" from Institution level to the relevant library level.
3. Click: Opening Hours.
4. Click: Add Record.
5. Select type: Exception.
6. The "Status" is "Closed" (if wishing to reduce open hours).
7. Fill in the hours in which the library will be closed - over against those hours in which usually the library is open.
- If the library usually opens from 9:00 am to 23:59 but will close on an eve of a holiday e.g. at 15:00, add an Exception with status "Closed", for the hours of 15:00 to 23:59.
- If the library opens usually also from 00:00 to, e.g. 02:00 and then opens again at 9:00 am - yet for a given period the library will open only at 10 am, the Exception will cover all hours from 00:00 to e.g. 10:00 am (i.e. the Closed exception will cover 00:00-10:00).
- If the library opens one hour earlier than usual (e.g. toward graduation, commencement) - add an Open Exception for that specific addition. e.g. for 07:30 to 09:00.
- In case of conflict with other Open hours, then when adding an Open Exception, a message may show up: "Error in To and From Date\Hour". Check that the Open exception doesn't clash with current Standard Opening Hours configuration, e.g. on the Institution level.
8. Click "Apply Changes" and the job "Apply Calendar Changes' will run.
9. Usually the job runs fast. To see the effect of new hours, click "Full Calendar". Fix the setup as needed and always "Apply Changes" after the change.
10. "Save", exit the menu - and be sure to change the configuration to be on Institution level.
If enabled, the job "Loans - Due Date Correction after Calendar Change" will recalculate due date and due hour and may send a "Due Date Change" letter/notification.
Click for Online Help for "Configuring Institution/Library Open Hours".
- Article last edited: 3-FEB-2022