- Product: Alma
Why is a local, customized letter not showing up in the emails sent to users with "Update/Notify Users" Send Letter? For example, the library wishes to send a welcome letter to Alumni or Community Borrowers, inviting them to sign-in to Primo via Social Login.
Review these steps:
- Add a letter code, e.g. WELCOME_ALUMNI, in: Configuration > User Management > User Notification Types.
- Edit the text in: Configuration > General > Letter emails > User Notifications Letter.
- Link the Letter Code to the XSL segment of "notification_data/notification_type" in: Configuration > General Customize Letters > User Notifications Letter.
Kindly advised by an Alma customer:
Ensure the customized letter (step #3) contains the User Notifications Letter XSL template more generally with up to 8 lines, commenting out the ones you don't need. We have commented out the Password change specific part of line 1.
xsl:when test="notification_data/notification_type = 'WELCOME_ALUMNI' ">
<xsl:value-of select="notification_data/temp_password" />
- Save, create a User set. It is recommended to test first on a small scale (small set).
For more information and options, see the Online Help on "Configuring User Notification Types".
- Article last edited: 27-AUG-2018