- Product: Alma
When attempting to manually upload a COUNTER 5 report, Alma gives an Oops error. Why was this error message given, and what are some tips to troubleshoot these usage data files?
This error usually indicates that the data within the file you are uploading is incorrectly formatted or corrupt.
Some common causes and possible solutions are below:
- Incorrectly formatted dates: Check that dates are in a format similar to “Mmm-yyyy”, for example “Aug-2019”
- Incorrectly formatted column headers: Check that there are no spaces between words, typically underscores are used in place of spaces
- Incorrectly formatted numbers: Remove formatting from numbers, for example do not use decimals or thousands separators
- Empty cells: Check that there are no empty cells within the usage data, try replacing any blanks with zeros
- Corrupt data: Remove all formatting, copy and paste the data into a new spreadsheet without any formatting
If any of these issues are found, correct the issue and try manually uploading the file again in Alma.
This error can also be returned when loading very large usage files, resulting in an Alma timeout before the file is fully processed. This is common with reports that include large amounts of data, such as TR (Title Master) reports.
Try splitting the usage data into parts and uploading the data in smaller files.
- Article last edited: 27-May-2021