How are Alma statistics anonymized when contributed to bX?
- Product: Alma
- Product Version: April 2017
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct
How are Alma statistics contributed to bX? How is this data anonymized?
When we harvest Alma Link Resolver statistics data into bX, we protect Alma customer data in the following ways:
- We do not store patrons’ personal information (including username or user_id) when patrons use the Alma Link Resolver.
- When statistics are sent to bX, the institution’s IP is not sent to bX – we send NULL instead. We also do not send Institution ID or Institution Name in the stats data sent to bX.
- During the process of loading Alma Link Resolver statistics to bX, we do include institution_id in the bX the output file name, but this is only done to monitor that the data transfer to bX has been successful. When the data has been loaded, bX puts all the statistics data from all available contribution files (from the various Alma contributing institutions) into a single pool under a general Alma institution. This means the statistics data in bX is not associated with a specific per-institution identifier, it is only associated with a general institution name.
If you would like to opt out of contributing statistics to bX please find instructions in the online help here: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/...istics_with_bX
- Article last edited: 04-April-2017