- Product: Alma
How can I configure it so that lost items cannot be requested?
Step 1: Configuring the Item Policy
- If you don't have a "Not Requestable" policy, you would create one from this same page by clicking "Add Fulfillment Policy." Select "Is Requestable" from the list > Next. Name the policy, give a policy description (Not Requestable), and set the Value to False. Ignore the Default Policy setting, unless you want items to not be requestable as a default.
- Once you are pleased with your choices, you can click Next to go to the confirmation page and Save.
Step 3: Creating the Fulfillment Unit Rule(s)
- You can find this at Alma Configuration > Fulfillment > Physical Fulfillment > Fulfillment Units. Select the applicable Fulfillment Unit that your lost item is in > then go to Row Actions (...) > Edit. Click the Fulfillment Unit Rules tab and set the Rule Type to Requests.
- Click "Add Rule." We recommend naming it "Not Requestable" or something similar, like "Lost Items Not Requestable." Add a description if desired.
Optional Step 4: Checking the Fulfillment Configuration Utility
Optionally, you can check to make sure the "Not Requestable" policy is applying to your chosen lost items for your patrons. The full documentation and roles required for this tool can be found here. To use it:
- Go to Fulfillment > Advanced Tools - Loans > Fulfillment Configuration Utility.
- For "Patron Identifier," select the primary identifier of a patron who should not be able to request lost items. For "Item Barcode," select the barcode of a lost item. Click OK.
Got questions? You can always open a case with Ex Libris Support for assistance!