- Product: Alma
Some Alma functions are processing very slowly. How should this slow performance be reported?
For example, loans or returns are taking significantly longer than expected to process, or the list of vendors is slow to load or search.
Please follow these steps:
- Reproduce the performance issue.
- Click on the Alma help menu > Generate Performance Tracking File.
- Open a case in the Support Portal.
- Describe the steps followed to produce the performance issue. It is very recommended to provide a short screen-cast if possible, to capture the context and the nature of the performance issue.
- Attach the Performance Tracking File to the case.
Generate the tracking file immediately after experiencing the performance issue, before doing any other action.
In addition to providing a Performance Tracking File, it is important to also include as detailed a workflow that led up to the performance issue as possible. Salesforce cases involving performance concerns might be delayed if these workflow steps and details are not included, which might require one of our Technical Support Analysts or Developers to ask for more information while attempting to replicate or investigate your reported issue.
Some examples of details or workflow steps that you should include when opening your Salesforce case for each included Performance Tracking File:
- The date, time, and location where the issue took place.
- Any identifier related to items or records involved in the reported issue, such as Bar-Codes, MMS ID's, Portfolio ID's, etc.
- Any additional information such as the physical equipment involved, or unique workflow processes (as detailed as possible).
- Any specific users affected.
- Any files used to replicate the issue.
I am experiencing issues with Alma crashing or disconnecting; how should this be reported?
For example, you are logged out of Alma in the middle of a task or while navigating to another area of Alma.
If you are experiencing issues with Alma crashing or disconnecting, the case might need to be referred to our Cloud Team for investigation. Our Cloud Teams require different information than other performance cases and issues. Providing the following when opening a Salesforce case to report your issue can help expedite the investigation.
1. How many staff members at your institution are using Alma? How many users are affected? What are their User ID's?
2. What URL are they using to access Alma?
3. How are the staff members connected to the Internet when accessing the Alma user interface? Do they use a local network, or a VPN? If they use VPN, is there one, or multiple VPN's?
4. What is the IP Address of the computer that the users reporting the issue?
Note: You can find out what IP Address you are using by going to the following website: https://whatsmyip.com
5. Can you provide a HAR file after the issue occurs?
A HAR file can be necessary for our Developers to analyze information regarding the reported issue that are not stored in Alma, such as traffic in between your computer and the Alma Servers.
Instructions on how generate a HAR file can be found here.
- Article last edited: 11-MAR-2021