- Product: Alma
Some Alma functions are processing very slowly. How should this slow performance be reported?
For example, loans or returns are taking significantly longer than expected to process, or the list of vendors is slow to load or search.
Please follow these steps:
- Reproduce the performance issue.
- Click on the Alma help menu > Generate Performance Tracking File.
- Open a case in the Support Portal.
- Describe the steps followed to produce the performance issue. It is very recommended to provide a short screen-cast if possible, to capture the context and the nature of the performance issue.
- Attach the Performance Tracking File to the case.
Generate the tracking file immediately after experiencing the performance issue, before doing any other action.
In addition to providing a Performance Tracking File, it is important to also include as detailed a workflow that led up to the performance issue as possible. Salesforce cases involving performance concerns might be delayed if these workflow steps and details are not included, which might require one of our Technical Support Analysts or Developers to ask for more information while attempting to replicate or investigate your reported issue.
Some examples of details or workflow steps that you should include when opening your Salesforce case for each included Performance Tracking File:
- The date, time, and location where the issue took place.
- Any identifier related to items or records involved in the reported issue, such as Bar-Codes, MMS ID's, Portfolio ID's, etc.
- Any additional information such as the physical equipment involved, or unique workflow processes (as detailed as possible).
- Any specific users affected.
- Any files used to replicate the issue.
Note: If an user is experiencing issues with Alma crashing, or an user in Alma being intermittently logged out or disconnected, please refer to this Knowledge Article.
- Article last edited: 11-MAR-2021