- Product: Alma
How to create a 'Physical Titles' itemized set using a list of MMS IDs?
- Open 'Design Analytics' (Analytics>Analytics>Design Analytics)
- New>Analysis and Interactive Reporting>Analysis
- Select Subject Area>Physical Items
- From 'Bibliographic Details' folder, add 'MMS Id' to 'Selected Columns'
- From 'Physical Item Details', add 'IEP' to 'Selected Columns'
- In 'Selected Columns', add filter for 'MMS Id'
- Format the 'MMS Id' filter and click 'OK'. The filter should be formatted according to the example below:
- Column: MMS Id
- Operator: is equal to / is in
- Value: Paste your list of MMS Ids separated by a semicolon with no spaces (example: 999999999999999999;990000000000000000)
- Click on 'Results' tab
- Export the Analysis to Excel
- View the excel file
- Copy the IEP column and paste into a new file.
- Rename the header 'IEP' to 'PID'
- The new file is now ready to use to create a 'Physical Titles' itemized set.
This method will only treat MMS IDs that have attached holdings records. This method will not add bibliographic records that lack physical holdings.
- Article last edited: 02-Apr-2019