How to display holdings in the WorldCat external search results list
- Product: Alma
- Product Version: April 2017
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
When doing an external search of WorldCat from MD Editor, is there anything we can configure to get the search results list to indicate whether our library has WorldCat holdings set on a certain record?
Perform the following steps:
1. Configure the OCLC FTP in the "S/FTP Definitions" table (and if in implementation, in the "Allowed S/FTP Connections table).
2. Configure the "Publish bibliographic record (DataSync) to OCLC" publishing profile.
- Under Alma Menu > Resource Management > Resource configuration click on "Configuration Menu".
- On the configuration screen under "Record Export" click on "Publishing Profiles".
- Locate the "Publish bibliographic record (DataSync) to OCLC" profile and click on "Actions" > "Edit".
- Fill in the "OCLC institution symbol" and the "Project number" (both must be obtained from OCLC in advance), select the appropriate "Publishing mode", change the status to "Active", choose the appropriate "Scheduling" option, and add the FTP "configuration" and "Sub-directory".
- Click on the "Email Notifications" button to add users or email accounts that should be notified if the job fails or when it completes. Click "Done" to exit.
- Click on the "Save" link to save the profile and return to the "Publishing Profiles" list.
3. Run the publishing job from the "Publishing Profiles" list by locating the "Publish bibliographic record (DataSync) to OCLC" profile and clicking Actions > Run.
Merely having a publishing profile set up and active does not enable the "Held by" field to display in the WorldCat external search results list. At least one publishing job has to have run for the "Held by" to display.
For further information see the Online Help page "Publishing to OCLC" (https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/Alma_Online_Help_(English)/Integrations_with_External_Systems/030Resource_Management/110Publishing_to_OCLC).
- Article last edited: 05 May 2017