- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
Desired Outcome Goal:
Receiving an item for a Standing Order Monograph PO Line.
To receive non-monograph material, see Receiving New Physical Material. You receive new items into a standing order by creating the standing order (see Manually Creating a PO Line), creating holdings for the new item, and attaching the new item to the standing order.
- Ensure that there is a standing order PO line to attach to the new item.
- Create a new physical holdings (Resource Management > Create Inventory > Add Physical Item) (see Adding a New Book or Journal Article).
- Select New in the Choose holding type field, select either a book or an article in the Citation type field, and click Choose. The Quick Cataloging page appears.
- Configure resource and item information, and click Save. The holdings and item are created, and the new item appear in a repository list; see Searching in Alma
- Click Items or View All Items in the row actions list to view the newly created item.
- Select Edit in row actions list. The Physical Item Editor appears (see Updating Item-Level Information).
- In the PO line field, select the PO line of the standing order monograph to link to this item.
- Enter the receive date in Receiving Date.
- Modify any other fields as required.
- Click Save to save the item and close the Physical Item Editor.
- Article last edited: 02/01/2018 GJW