How to unlink a record from a Community Zone record?
- Product: Alma
How to unlink a bibliographic record from the Community Zone?
To unlink bib records individually:
- Edit the record in the Metadata Editor
- From the "File" menu - choose "Copy to Catalog".
To unlink bib records via a job (in batch / bulk) - this is not yet possible today. However please see a suggestion here:
- Create a Set of the bib records
- Export the set using the 'Export Bibliographic Records' job
- As preferred, edit the records in the *.mrc file, or add a Normalization Rule when importing the records back to Alma
- Create a Repository Import Profile which does not add inventory, matches on 001, and unlinks from CZ.
- More specifically, Encoding Format is: UTF-8
- Add a Normalization Rule if relevant
- "Match Profile" tab has match on "001 To MMS_ID Match Method"
- In this tab, also check: "Unlink bibliographic records from community zone"
- In this tab, "Upon no match" = Do Not Import
- Inventory Information: None.
Of course, inspect the rest of the parameters and test carefully with a small set first..
- Article last edited: 02-JAN-2020