- Product: Alma
Why was a patron charged for overdue fees when the loan rolled to a status of Lost? Only Lost fines should be calculated.
The parameter "overdue_at_lost_loan" was defined as "true".
To disable creation of overdue fees when a loan is changed to lost:
- Configuration Menu > Fulfillment
- Click "Other Settings" (under General)
- Change the parameter "overdue_at_lost_loan" to "false"
The Fulfillment Guide indicates that the value of this parameter determines:
- Whether the overdue fine is applied to the user's balance when the loan is updated to lost.
- Whether the overdue fine continues to accrue while the loan is lost.
An overdue fine continues to accrue until it is applied. Once it is applied, it stops accruing. If this parameter is set to true, the overdue fine is applied when the loan is marked as Lost and, therefore, stops accruing. If set to false, the overdue fine is not applied when the loan is marked as Lost and, therefore, continues to accrue. In this case, if the lost loan is returned, the accrued fine is applied.
- Article last edited: 18-Nov-2020