- Product: Alma
How to export journals (electronic or physical) to CSU Rapid ILL?
Please note this Blog post: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/blog/Alma-RAPID-OAI-Setup-and-Configuration
The steps to publish electronic or physical holdings are:
1. Add the OAI Publishing Profile, from: General Configuration Menu > Integration Profiles > OAI_DEFINITION > Actions tab. For Online Help click here.
2. Create a Set and save it, e.g. for ELECTRONIC JOURNALS, call the set: Rapid-ILL-eJournals.
3. The search approach is: Electronic Titles - where - All Titles - Material Type = Journal, and Electronic Portfolio = Availability is Available. Click here for Online Help on creating sets.
4. Repeat to create any other needed sets, e.g. for PHYSICAL / PRINT JOURNALS call the set: Rapid-ILL-p Journals.
5. Search approach: Physical Titles - where - All Titles, Has Inventory = Yes, Material Type = Journal, Tag Suppressed = No.
6. Create a Publishing Profile for each set (physical, electronic), from: Resource Management Configuration Menu > Publishing Profiles. For example, create Publishing Profile called: "Rapid-ILL-e journals" for Electronic journals, and "Rapid-ILL-p journals" for physical/print journals.
7. For Online Help for Publishing Profile click here.
8. Use your Primo defined Services URL (for more information, click here).
9. To the best of our knowledge, it is needed first to publish a Full set, then continue with Incremental publishing. Please consult with Rapid staff to confirm.
10. Select a scheduling option (currently, monthly). It is also possible to run the job immediately (from the Actions button).
11. Finally test the results with this suggested structure (add your own Alma environment and Institution ID):
As of the March 2019 Release, note changes to "General Publishing – Full Publishing Improvements and New Republish Action":
- General publishing jobs that publish to an FTP server will have an option to include all records. This option will allow including the full set of records in the published FTP files. Existing FTP publishing profiles that were previously configured as full will have this option turned on by default.
- In cases where enriched information needs to be recalculated after enrichment configuration changes (such as a change in library name or update of normalization rules or enrichment options), records will not be republished with the new data. A new republish full index option will be available to force the records to be republished with the new data.
- OAI publishing profiles will always work in incremental mode and will also include deleted records. If the target to which you are publishing cannot process record deletions, you can use FTP publishing with the option to include all records described above. Another option is to use the new republish full index action to republish the whole set as new (this option will have the same result as the current full publishing mode).
Latest information is in the documentation for "Publishing and Inventory Enrichment (General Publishing)".
- Article last edited: 1-JUN-2019