- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
How to avoid sending In Transit those items which are processed by Acquisitions (post-receiving, processing) Departments?
The solution is to enable the Circulation Desk to "Receive" items.
The steps are:
1. Navigate to: ADMINISTRATION > General Configuration > Configuration Menu
2. "You are configuring" will be set to: [your library]
3. Click: "Work Order Types"
4. Find the Acquisition Work Order, usually: "AcqWorkOrder"
5. Navigate to the: Fulfillment Configuration Menu
6. You are still on the Library level
7. Click: Circulation Desks
8. For the default circulation desk - Actions > Edit
9. Select the tab "Work Order Types"
10. Click: "Add work order"
11. Add the Acquisition Work Order
The Receiving operators will be connected to the Circulation Desk, instead of the Acquisition Desk.
This way, when the item is received, it is already considered "in place", and the transit is not needed.
Remember to be currently at the Default Circulation Desk when receiving.
- At some stage, just change Roles for all operators so they no longer can "be currently at" the obsolete Department and add items there. At this poing, all "In Process" items will need to be edited to reflect new processing department.
- Article last edited: 13-JUN-2016