- General System Administrator
- Add a work order type (see Adding a Work Order Type)
- Add, edit, or delete departments (see Adding a Department)
- Add or remove statuses from a work order type (Manage Statuses in the row actions list).
- Edit a work order type (Edit in the row actions list).
- Delete a work order type (Remove in the row actions list).
- On the Work Order Types page (Configuration Menu > General > Work Orders and Departments > Work Order Types), select Add Work Order Type.
- Enter/select the following:
- Work order type code
- Work order type name
- Recall Loans – Loans of this type of work order require an item to be returned more quickly. Selecting this causes a recall request (Lending Recall Email Letter) to be sent to the patron that borrowed the item. To configure the letter, see Configuring Alma Letters.
- Select Add Work Order Type.
A work order name cannot be customized if the AcqWorkOrder code is used. The name is always displayed as Acquisition technical services, or its translated equivalent.
- On the Work Order Types page (Configuration Menu > General > Work Orders and Departments > Work Order Types), select Manage Statuses in the row actions list for a specific work order type. The Work Order Type Statuses page appears.
Work Order Type Statuses Page
- On the Work Order Type Statuses page, select Add Status.
- Enter the code, name, and description for the status that you are creating and select Add Status. The status is added to the Work Order Type Statuses page.
- General System Administrator
- Add a department (see Adding a Department)
- Edit a department (Edit in the row actions list)
- Delete a department (Delete in the row actions list)
- Access the Department List page in one of the following ways:
- Select Manage Departments in the row actions list for a specific work order type/row on the Work Order Types page ()
- Navigate to Configuration Menu > General > Work Orders and Departments > Work Order Departments
- Select Add Department.
- If you accessed the page from the Work Order Departments link, select the work order type to be associated with the department (to define these types, see Configuring Work Order Types). Otherwise, the type is pre-selected.
The General Information page opens. This is the first page of the Add Department wizard.General Information Page
- Enter the general information details for the department that you are creating using the descriptions in the table below.
Department – General Information Fields Field Description Code A unique code Name A unique name that you want to display in the drop-down list for Target Destination when you create a work order (see Creating a Work Order Request) Description A description of the department that appears on the Department List page. Work Time (days) The number of days used to calculate the Expiration Date that appears on the Resource Request Monitoring page for the item being processed. If the field is left blank or set to 0, a default of 7 days is used.
For details see Managing Requests and Work Orders.
Map The URL of a map to assist patrons in finding the department. Default Printer The default printer that is associated with the department. If only the default printer is selected, this is the printer used for all non-automated print jobs. If more printers are selected in the Additional Printers field, each user has the option of where to print.
After the Default Printer is selected, this field is made available to select one or more additional printers that users may set for their printing. Selecting one or more printers here will display an additional drop-down list on the Currently At drop-down window.
Nedap RFID IP Address
The Nedap RFID IP address of the relevant RFID reader. If the department is not managed by a circulation desk, enter the IP address here. If the department is managed by a circulation desk, the IP address is entered in the circulation desk (see Adding a Circulation Desk).
- Select Next. The Served Libraries page opens.
Served Libraries PageWhen configuring a department for an institution, the department applies to all of the institution’s libraries.Configuring Served Libraries is not relevant when working on the institution level; continue with step 7.
- Select Attach Library, select the library, and select Attach. The library is attached. Repeat as required.
- Select Next. The Contact Information page opens.
Contact Information Page
- Enter the address (primary, queries, or shipping), phone number, or email information for the department that you are creating. The fields are the same as when Configuring Institution/Library Contact Information.
- Select Next. The Operators page opens.
- To add operators, select Add Operator.
- Select the Alma user that you want to add. Select Add Operator. Repeat for each operator that you want to add.
The specified operators receives the Work Order Operator role for the department. If no operators are specified at this time, they can be assigned the role in User Management (see Managing User Roles).
- Select Save. The department is added to the Department List.
Departments that are managed by a circulation desk are indicated by the slider in the Managed by Circulation Desk column. For details on defining a circulation desk as a department, see Adding a Circulation Desk.