- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
Library needs a temporary "fixed due date" rule to be in place by end of the semester. This would apply to the regular users. Faculty already has a rule set for End of Term and it is working correctly. The new due dates need to not extend past the end of the semester.
- Use the process "Bulk Change Due Dates"
- The process is found in Alma (F2) > Fulfillment > Advanced Tools
- A change of due date will trigger an email to the patron (via the scheduled process "Loans - Due Date Correction after Calendar Change")
- For more information see the Alma Fulfillment Guide > Changing Loan Date in Bulk
Note: Be careful to add the “From Due Date” and “To Due Date”, because otherwise, you may prolong due dates for overdue loans!
More information about Changing Loan Due Dates in Bulk:
- Change the User expiry date
- Alma will shorten the loan and calculate the due date as the close hour of the library before the patron expiration
- When loaning or renewing items, the due date will be no later than the user's expiry date
- This will not affect manual change of due date
- Article last edited: 4-MAY-2016