- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Alma
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Why can a user blocked from making loans due to overdue items still place requests?
* Alma works under the assumption that a patron blocked from loans due to overdue items or outstanding fines should have the opportunity to remedy the situation when the requested item becomes available.
* There is an option to disable requests for patrons with a block manually added on their account (User details>Blocks>Add Block)
* User Block Definitions need to be changed
* Fulfillment>Fulfillment Configuration>Patron Configurations>User Block Definitions
* See "How to create a user block (i.e. patron block)?" for more information.