The following role can configure physical item sort routines:
- General System Administrator
The Physical Item Sort Routines configuration options provide greater flexibility for determining the sort order display of physical items in the Receive Items List (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Receive > Continuous tab, select Manage Items from the row actions list), the staff search physical items list, and/or the Get It tab (on the second page, after selecting one of the locations).
These configuration options enable you to create your own custom sort routines in addition to the default sort routines provided with Alma.
The sort routines appear in a drop-down list that allow you to dynamically switch from one sorted view to another. See below for an example.
Received Items List Sort Routines
To the right of the drop-down list are up/down arrows that allow you to dynamically switch between ascending and descending order for the sort routine that you selected.
For more information on item sort routines, see the Item Sort Routines video (7:34 mins).
To create new item sort routines:
- On the Sort Routine List page (Configuration Menu > Resources > General > Physical Item Sort Routines), select Add sort routine. The first step of the sort routine wizard opens.
- Enter the name and description for the sort routine and select Next. Step 2 of the sort routine wizard opens.
- Select the sort order (ascending or descending) for this routine.
- Select the fields by which you want this routine to sort.
Select Fields on Which to Sort
- Select Add to Selection. The fields that you selected display in the Sorts selected section.
Sort Fields Selected
- Use the up/down arrows to the left of the selected fields to identify the order in which you want these fields sorted and select Next. Step 3 of the sort routine wizard opens.
- Select the item list in which you want this sort routine to be available and select whether it should be the default sort routine to be used.
Sort Routine Available For SelectionThe Resource management Get It results option affects only the items list in the Get It tab and not the holdings list. It will have no effect on the order of library/location in the Get It tab.
- Select Save. The new sort routine is added to the list of routines on the Sort Routine List page.
To edit item sort routines:
- On the Sort Routine List page (Configuration Menu > Resources > General > Physical Item Sort Routines), select Edit from the row actions list in the row of the sort routine that you want to edit. The General Information tab on the Sort Routine List page appears.
- Select the Conditions Selection tab and/or the Display Options tab and make the changes needed to match your requirements. Refer to the procedure To create new item sort routines: for details regarding the sort routine options.
- When you have finished making your changes, select Save.
To delete item sort routines:
On the Sort Routine List page (Configuration Menu > Resources > General > Physical Item Sort Routines), select Delete from the row actions list in the row of the sort routine that you want to delete.