To waive fines in bulk, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Manager
- User Administrator
For more information about managing user fines and fees, see Managing User Fines and Fees.
You can waive user fines and fees in bulk by running a job. You run the job on the Bulk Fine Waiving page (Admin > User Management > Bulk Fine Waiving).
Bulk Fine Waiving Page
To waive user fines in bulk:
- On the Bulk Fine Waiving page, enter the following information.
Maximum fine threshold to waive – The maximum fine to waive. If the total amount of a user’s fines is greater than the threshold, none of the user's fines are waived. For example:
Since the total of the patron’s fines exceeds the Maximum fine threshold to waive value, none of the fines are waived.
- Maximum fine threshold to waive = $120
- The patron has fines of $10, $50, and $70
- Exclude user with overdue loans – Whether to exclude users who have overdue loans.
- User Group – Specify user groups for which to waive fines.
- Waive fine types – Specify the types of fines to waive.
- Waiving reason – The reason for waiving the fine. For example, you may want to waive fines accrued by your faculty.
- Maximum fine threshold to waive – The maximum fine to waive. If the total amount of a user’s fines is greater than the threshold, none of the user's fines are waived. For example:
- Select Run bulk fine waiving and select Confirm in the confirmation dialog box.