To configure user deletion, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Administrator
- General System Administrator
You can configure what happens to user information when you delete users using the purge users job (see Purging Users) or API. Whenever you change the policy to be more restrictive (remove more data), Alma applies the new policy to all previously purged users as well.
This configuration does not affect what happens when you manually delete users (see Deleting Users).
You configure user deletion on the Delete User Policy page (Configuration Menu > User Management > General > Delete User Policy.
Delete User Policy Page
To configure user deletion:
- On the Delete User Policy page, select a delete user policy setting:
- Keep Fully Reportable – The user's status is Deleted; all requests are canceled, and the user identifier is deactivated. The rest of the user's data is retained in the system.
- Keep Statistics – The user's statistical data is retained: that is, all non-identifying statistical data, (such as the user group and job category) are retained, as well as data on the Statistics tab. The primary ID is moved into the last name. All other data is deleted. Note that user data may already be anonymized; see Configuring Anonymization.
- Fully Remove – All user data is removed, including statistical data.
- Click Save and Execute. The selected delete user policy is saved and invoked for all users already deleted.