To configure user ID generation, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Administrator
- General System Administrator
For more about user identifiers, see Managing User Identifier Types.
You can configure the automatically generated user identifiers for new patrons that are added when an operator adds a patron on the Patron Identification page (see Registering Patrons). You can configure different automatically generated values for different identifier types on the User ID Generation page (Configuration Menu > User Management > General > User ID Generation).
Identifiers appear on the User Identifiers tab of the user, see Managing User Identifiers.
User ID Generation Page
- User identifiers are not generated when users are added or edited on the Manage Users page (see Adding Users); they are only generated when adding a patron from the Patron Identification page.
- If the identifier prefix is not defined for an identifier type, the automatic identifiers are not generated. However, if there is no identifier generation configured for the primary identifier, Alma automatically generates the identifier based on an internal sequence. This behavior cannot be disabled, but the generated Primary Identifier can be overwritten manually.
To configure user ID generation:
- Select an identifier type. Types are configured by Ex Libris.
- Enter a prefix for the user ID in the Prefix field. If you leave this field empty, user IDs are not generated for this type.
- Select Set next sequence value. Enter the starting sequence value in the dialog box and select Save.
- Verify your settings and select Save