DARA provides you with recommendations to improve your workflows and better optimize your usage of Alma. It can suggest features and validates custom configurations. DARA generates up to 30 recommendations of each type. This means that there might be, for example, unavailable portfolios in your institution that do not yet have a recommendation.
Only the recommendations relevant to your user role are available to you.
- DARA recommendations are available only to live institutions.
- Recommendations are suggested once for your entire institution, so do not remove a recommendation if it may be relevant for a different staff member.
- To generate recommendations, you must agreed to share data. For more information, see Data Sharing Profile.
The following chart lists the currently available recommendations from DARA:
|Automatic Usage Data||DARA identified several instances where you manually uploaded a COUNTER file and suggests that you create a SUSHI account and have the usage information harvested automatically. This is only recommended if DARA knows that other institutions are able to harvest successfully from this vendor.||Vendor Manager|
|Load Usage Data||DARA identified that your institution does not upload usage data from a vendor even though your institution does have active collections from the vendor. DARA suggests that you create a SUSHI account and have the usage information harvested automatically. This is only recommended if DARA knows that other institutions are able to harvest successfully from this vendor.||Vendor Manager|
|Unavailable Portfolios||Using an Alma Analytics report, DARA identifies unavailable electronic portfolios and recommends that you activate them. The report is located in your analytics institution folder under /Shared Folders/Your institution/reports/DARA. You can customize the report to produce recommendations that better suit the needs of your institution. Note that customizing the report updates recommendations already generated, but does not remove them from the List of Recommendations if they no longer have any unavailable portfolios. To remove a recommendation, select Dismiss.||
|Validate Order Information for Orders Created by API||DARA identifies that although you have the New Order Integration profile configured in your institution, and you have PO lines created by an API, you did not select any of the Validation of Order Information options for the New Order API integration profile. These options prevent the API from creating new orders without proper funding.||
|Upload Electronic Holdings||DARA identifies if you have electronic collections that were not uploaded with an integration profile from vendors that support automatic upload of electronic holdings. DARA recommends that you configure the integration profile, for supported vendors. One recommendation is produced for each supported vendor.||General System Administrator|
|Link Electronic Resources to the Community||Currently, the Local Portfolios in Community-Linked Collection type is available. With this recommendation, DARA identifies when you have local portfolios in your electronic collections that are available in the community zone and recommends that you link them. Linking to the community zone enables you to receive updates automatically, without the need to update the portfolios manually.||
|Link Standalone Portfolios to CZ||DARA identifies when you have local standalone portfolios that can be linked to the Community Zone. Linking to the Community Zone enables you to receive updates automatically without the need to update the portfolio manually.||
|Link Local Electronic Collections to the CZ||DARA identifies when you have local electronic collections that can be linked to the Community Zone. Linking to the Community Zone enables you to receive updates automatically without the need to update manually.||
|Convert Audio/Video Files to Streaming/HTML5 format||DARA identifies when you have files that are incompatible with HTML5 formats and cannot be viewed using native viewers in Alma. DARA recommends that and recommends that you run the Media Conversion job on files of formats wmv, avi, m4v or mp4v and convert them to MPEG-4 or HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) formats.||
|Fully Utilize Digital Asset Management Flows||DARA identifies when you have created digital inventory, but do not have a full subscription to Alma Digital. DARA informs you of the licensing terms for full utilization of Alma Digital.||
|Description Templates||DARA identifies that you have not configured description templates, which are used to generate descriptions for physical items based on ENUM/CHRON information and directs you to configure them.||
|My Electronic Resources by Provider||DARA determines that the My Electronic Resources by Provider feature in Alma is relevant for your institution, but is not in use, and recommends that you use it.||
|New Alma Viewer||DARA identifies that you have not yet configured the new Alma viewer and recommends that you do so.||
|New for July!
|Using an Alma Analytics report, DARA identifies items that have been missing for a significant amount of time from your institution. By default, DARA identifies items missing for more than 12 months. You can customize the report to produce recommendations that better suit the needs of your institution. The report is located in your analytics institution folder under /Shared Folders/Your institution/reports/DARA.||Physical Inventory Operator Extended|
By default, DARA generates all recommendation types. If you think that a type is not relevant to your institution, you can configure DARA to not generate recommendations of this type. Additionally, it is possible to remove roles that are configured to see a recommendation type. For more information, see DARA Recommendations.
To access DARA, select Admin > Recommendations > Manage Recommendations or select the View Recommendations icon (which appears if you have active recommendations).
The following, for example, appears:
You can dismiss several recommendations at one time by selecting the checkbox next to the recommendation and selecting Remove selected.
The following actions are available for each recommendation (an Automatic Usage Data recommendation is used as an example):
- More info – displays an explanation as to why the recommendation was made. An explanation is displayed as to why the recommendation was made. For example:
- View – displays information from Alma that supports the explanation on the More info page.
- Implement – displays instructions for implementing the recommendation. For example:
Create SUSHI Account
- I'm ready – opens the configuration page to implement the recommendation, in this example, to configure a SUSHI account:
Configure the Recommendation
- After you implement a recommendation, you are asked to rate the recommendation process:
Rate RecommendationSelect a rating and select Submit.
- Select the three dots next to a recommendation to:
- Remove – remove the recommendation if you handled it or are not interested in implementing it. The status of the recommendation is changed to Not Active. It no longer appears for anyone in your institution. Enter a reason to help DARA learn which recommendations are helpful to you.
- Edit Notes – add and view notes for the recommendation. Notes can be used to coordinate collaboration on a recommendation between staff members.
- Edit Attachments – add and view attachments for the recommendation.
- Restore a non-active recommendation. When a recommendation is implemented, expired (not handled for 12 months), or dismissed, it changes to Not Active status. You can restore its status to Active.
To restore a Not Active recommendation to Active:
The recommendation's status is now Active.
- Filter the recommendations by Not Active status.
- Select the three dots and select Restore.