Viewing and Exporting the Alma Libraries
If you are working with Primo VE, see Primo VE for more details.
To define the libraries for the Primo institution, you should obtain the libraries that are defined for the Alma institution. To save time, Alma allows you to export the libraries to a file so that they can be imported in Primo.
To export the Alma libraries:
- Log on to the Alma UI.
- On the Organization Unit Details page (Configuration Menu > General > Libraries > Add a Library or Edit Library Information), select the Libraries tab to view the available libraries.
Libraries TabThe information you will need is in the following columns:
For example, INC is the Alma library code for the following path:EXLDEV1.EXLDEV1_INST.INC
- Organization Unit Name – The Alma library name.
- Path – The component at the end is the Alma library code.
- Select to export the list of Alma libraries to an Excel file.
- Change the exported file to the format described in the Loading Libraries section.