This page describes the menu options available under the Analytics link from the Main Menu and some of the menu options available when creating new reports.
To access the Alma Analytics interface and features, select Analytics from the Main Menu. The following appears:
The following options are available from this area:
- At the top of the area, a list of your favorite reports and dashboards appear.
- From the My Analytics area you can access the Analytics Object list (if you have the relevant user role). For more information, see Working with Analytics Objects.
- Also from the My Analytics area, you can display the new Shared with Me page where you can view the reports to which you have access:
Shared with Me
- From the Create Analysis section, the following options are available, depending on your user role:
- Access Analytics – create reports and access out-of-the-box reports and dashboards. For more information, see Navigating Analytics.
- Access Data Visualization – for more information, see OAS (Oracle Analytics Server) and DV (Data Visualization).
- Access Analytics (Primo) – for more information, see Analytics.
- Access Data Visualization (Primo) – for more information, see OAS (Oracle Analytics Server) and DV (Data Visualization).
- Out of the Box Reports – a list of the out-of-the box reports for which you created analytics objects. For more information, see Out-of-the-Box Reports.
To create analytics reports you require the Design Analytics role. For more information, see Design Analytics Role.
To open the Analytics Home page:
- Select Analytics > Access Analytics. The personal dashboard appears.
- Select Home. The following appears:
Home PageThe Home page is a task-oriented, centralized workspace combined with a global header allowing access to Analytics objects, their respective editors, help documentation, and other features.
See Analytics for a detailed training session on working with Analytics.
For more information, see the following section, Global Header.
The global header includes the following components:
- Search – Search the catalog.
- Advanced – Display the Catalog page in search mode where you can search for objects in the catalog. In search mode, the Search pane appears, rather than the Folders pane within the page.
- Help – Help options relevant for Oracle BI, and not specifically for Ex Libris Analytics. The options include:
- xxx Help (where xxx is the name of the page, editor, or tab) – Help for the current page, editor, or tab
- Help Contents – Options that link to the tables of contents for Oracle BI EE
- Documentation – Documentation library for Oracle BI EE
- OTN – Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Technology Center page on the Oracle Technology Network (OTN)
- About Oracle BI EE – Identifies the Oracle BI EE version and copyright information
- Sign Out – Sign out of Analytics
- Home – Display the Home page
- Catalog – All reports, including personal and shared reports.
- Dashboards – All available dashboards that are saved in the dedicated dashboard subfolders.
- New – A list of the objects that you can create. To create an object, select it from the list. The first option – Analysis – is used to create a new report. For a description of the various options, including KPI, see the Oracle documentation at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/bi.1111/e10544/toc.htm
- Open – Select an object to work with.
- Recent Objects – A list of the objects that you have recently viewed, created, or updated. Select one to work with.
- Most Popular Objects – A list of the objects that are accessed the most often by the users that are assigned to the groups to which you belong. Select one to work with.
- Signed In As <username>
- My Account – Set preferences, such as time zone, delivery devices, and delivery profile.
Throughout Analytics, some of the most commonly used object icons in this guide are as follows:
The OBI functions under the following two menu options are not available in Alma Analytics:
- New > Mobile Application
- New > Published reporting