When uploading holdings using the Project MUSE Upload Electronic Holdings integration profile, multiple Excel lines of the same ISSN and with different coverages are concatenated and uploaded as one portfolio with multiple coverages.
Creating the Project MUSE Integration Profile
- Obtain an institution token from Project MUSE. You can create a Project MUSE token using the Project MUSE admin tool. For more information, contact the Project MUSE helpdesk for assistance.
- Confirm that the Project MUSE collections for which you are updating holdings are active collections in Alma. See Activating the Project MUSE Electronic Collections from the Alma Community Zone for more information.
- On the Integration Profile List page (Configuration Menu > General > External Systems > Integration Profiles) select Add Integration Profile to open the External System wizard for configuring an integration profile.
Configuring Upload Electronic Holdings Integration Profile, Part 1
- In the Integration type field, select Upload Electronic Holdings. The other fields on the page change to reflect your selection.
- In the Provider field, select Project MUSE.
- Add a description (optional) and select Next. The second page of the wizard appears.
Configuring Upload Electronic Holdings Integration Profile, Part 2
- Complete the Upload Electronic Holdings configuration section using the information in the table below.
Upload Electronic Holdings Section Parameter Description
Select Active to make this an active profile. The default setting is Inactive.
PM Institution Id
Enter the institution token ID that you received from Project MUSE.
Select the KBART file format.
Use this parameter to select one or more groups from the list of multi-campus options in the drop-down list. This parameter is optional, so you may also choose to leave it blank.
The Group parameter appears when you have the multi_campus_inventory_management customer parameter set to true.
With the multi_campus_inventory_management customer parameter set to true, you can have multiple Project MUSE integration profiles. When you have obtained multiple Project MUSE token IDs from Project MUSE, you may want to create multiple integration profiles using that identification information.
Note that when you have more than one active Project MUSE integration profile with one or more multi-campus selections made for the Group parameter, any additional active Project MUSE integration profiles must have one or more multi-campus selections made. In this situation, the Group parameter may no longer be left blank.
When the Project MUSE integration profile job is run and multi-campus group information was configured, the multi-campus group information appears in the job report.
ScheduleSelect the scheduling option that you prefer to have the integration profile job run automatically.When you have the multi_campus_inventory_management customer parameter set to true, and multiple Project MUSE integration profiles, the first scheduling option that you select and save applies to all the subsequent, active Project MUSE integration profiles that you create. Note that when the scheduled job begins to run, all of the Project MUSE integration profiles that are set to Active are handled together by the job run. Any Project MUSE integration profiles set to Inactive are not handled as part of the scheduled job run.
Save the profile using one of the following options:
- Select Save. The integration profile is scheduled and appears in the list of scheduled jobs (see Viewing All Scheduled Jobs).
- Select Save and Run Now. This saves your profile settings and immediately queues the upload to run. The Save and Run Now button also appears on the Actions tab when you edit the profile. Note that when you edit your saved profile, the button appears as Run Now, and you can choose to manually run the upload job.
Activating the Project MUSE Electronic Collections from the Alma Community Zone
- Project MUSE: Universal journals (Community Zone Electronic Collection ID = 615450000000005146)
- Project MUSE: Universal books (Community Zone Electronic Collection ID = 615450000000005144)
- Project MUSE: EBA books (Community Zone Electronic Collection ID =615450000000005145)
Preserving Previous Project MUSE Acquisition Details
- Create a set of the content type electronic collections that includes the previous electronic collections in which you managed the Project MUSE titles.
- Open the Run a Job - Select Job to Run page (Admin > Manage Jobs and Sets > Run a Job), and search for the Move electronic portfolio information job.
- Select the Move electronic portfolio information job and select Next.
- Select the set that you created above and select Next.
- For the Target electronic collection, select the collection Project MUSE Universal Books or Project MUSE Universal Journals.
- Select the Move PO lines and Move licenses options and complete the required information as needed.
- Select Next and review/confirm the job summary information.
- Select Submit.