The following roles can configure item material type descriptions:
- Catalog Administrator
- General System Administrator
You can enable, disable, and configure the material types that appear in the Material type (sometimes Secondary Type) drop-down list in various places in Alma. You do this on the Physical Material Type code table page.
This list is not the same as the one described in Configuring Citation Material Types.
Physical Material Type Code Table Page
This drop-down list appears in many pages in Alma such as in the Physical Item Editor when editing a physical item. In addition, any change to the material type description appears in the Primo View It and Get It tabs.
To customize the physical item material type descriptions:
- On the Physical Material Type Code Table page (Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > Resources > General > Physical Material Type Descriptions):
- Edit the descriptions of the material types in the Description column.
- Enable/disable the material type in the Enabled column.
- Use the up and down arrows to change the order in which the material types appear in the Material type drop-down lists.
- Select a default value, which is the first value to appear in the drop-down lists.
- Click Save.