Migrate Remote Representations to Alma
HANDLE Persistent Identifier Generation
HANDLE persistent identifiers can be generated in Alma for deposited content in addition to the existing option of depositing pre-generated handles. This can be done using the BibGenerateHandle normalization task and the Control Number Configuration infrastructure.
Login Request Added to Alma Viewer and Alma Link Resolver Services Page
- A Sign In link is now displayed in the Alma Viewer if the user is not logged in to Alma. Clicking the link displays a login page. For more information, see The Alma Viewer.
- In the Alma Link Resolver Services Page (that appears when you click View It from the repository search results), the digital service link is now available if the representation has an access right restriction that is based on user details. A login page appears when clicking the representation link.
Relink Digital Representations
Add Thumbnail from Representation Editor
Additional Digital Resource Management Enhancements
- Filtering Parameters were added to the Withdraw Digital Representations Job. For more information, see the Withdraw Digital Representations entry in the Manual Jobs and Their Relevant Parameters section.
- The Alma Viewer now supports Microsoft Word files (.doc and .docx).
- You can now include additional namespaces in the OAI-DC XML when performing an OAI harvest, with no requirement to use only DC/DC terms fields.
- You can configure the access rights denied note separately for each language for which Alma is configured. For more information, see Adding an Access Rights Policy.
- The Add Qualified DC BIB to Collection normalization process was added for DC records. It contains the addBibToCollection task that assigns DC records to collections. For more information, see Collection Assignment – Dublin Core.
- Deposit ID was added to the list of representation level advanced search fields.