Enhancements to the SAML Integration Profile
The following enhancements were made to the SAML integration profile:
- The Default check box was removed from the first page of the wizard when configuring SAML integration profiles (and CAS and LDAP), since it has no function.
- A new Default SAML profile check box was added to the second page of the wizard. Select this check box to configure the profile as the default. For the June release, Alma configures the oldest existing active profile as the default. For new integration profiles, if no default profile is selected, there is no default.
- The Active check box on the second page of the wizard was removed, since its functionality has been replaced by the default functionality.
- A new Alma SAML certificate with an extended expiration date is now available. It is recommended that you update the SAML certificate for all existing SAML integration profiles with the new certificate. New SAML integration profiles automatically use the new certificate. There is no change in functionality. For more information on the SAML integration profile, see SAML-Based Single Sign-On/Sign-Off. For information about the new certificate, see the Developers Network at: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/user-management/authentication/saml.
- The job processing framework is currently being optimized to handle jobs of various sizes. Note that you may therefore experience some changes in job run times.
- The All option was removed from the Find in drop-down list on the Manage Sets page and the select a set when running a job page.
- The icon to email a patron was replaced by a Compose button on the User Details page.
- The Export Users area of the SIS integration profile (see Student Information Systems) now has additional scheduling options. The complete list of scheduling options is now:
- Not scheduled
- Every 12 hours, starting at 10:00
- Every Wednesday at 19:00
- Every day at 12:00
- Every day at 19:00
- The (Aleph) Central Catalog integration profile (see Integrating the Aleph Central Catalog) now has additional scheduling options. The complete list of scheduling options is now:
- Not scheduled
- Every 12 hours, starting at 11:00
- Every 6 hours, starting at 05:00
- In the MD Editor, if a Central Cataloging integration profile was configured, you can now contribute the current record using the hotkey Cntl-Alt-C.