- Product: All products running Apache
- Product Version: Apache 2.2.31 and up
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
After updating third party products to the latest version, Apache will not load with the following errors:
- httpd: Syntax error on line 16 of /exlibris/primo/p4_1/primoe/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
- Cannot load /exlibris/primo/p4_1/product/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so into server: /exlibris/primo/p4_1/product/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The apache will not load since the mod-jk module has been omitted from the latest version of apache. This will be fixed for future releases.
In the meantime please use the following workaround:
1. log into the relevant server via ssh.
2. Run the following:
ls -d /exlibris/product/http*
This will list all the apache versions that reside on the server.
3. If an older version of apache exists, copy over the mod-jk module from the latest version prior to the current one. i.e.:
cp -p /exlibris/product/httpd-2.2.15/modules/mod_jk.so /exlibris/product/httpd-2.2.31/modules/
If only only the latest version of apache shows up please download the <<attached file>> and place it in
4. Restart apache.