Chat for Higher Education Platform Products Troubleshooting Guide
- Product: Cross Product
I am trying to use the online chat support service in my Higher Education platform, but am not able to.
What should I do?
1. Do you see the chat icon in the persistent menu?
Chat is currently available for Primo VE customers in the Europe and North America instances, as well as Leganto and Alma customers in the Europe instances.
If chat should be available for your institution - ask your system administrator to provide you the Chat with Support user role. See here for details.
If the role is not available in your institution, please open a Support case by clicking the Submit a Case button to going directly to the Support Center https://support.exlibrisgroup.com/
2. Is a chat agent available to chat?
Chat availability hours are published in the following article - Chat Support Availability
If no agent is currently available, please open a Support case by clicking the Submit a Case button to going directly to the Support Center https://support.exlibrisgroup.com/.
3. Click the "Chat with an Agent" link, nothing happens or an endless spinning circle is displayed
Make sure that:
- You are not using private or incognito mode
- Disable browser extensions that control/block cookies, or privacy-related extensions.
- Third-party cookies are allowed
Please note that Firefox blocks some cookies by default.
To allow them, click the Privacy & Security icon next to the address bar an allow the cookies:
If none of the above help, please open a Support case by clicking the Submit a Case button to going directly to the Support Center https://support.exlibrisgroup.com/
- Article last edited: 13-May-2021