This page describes how to configure various advanced tools such as PDF for cover pages and assessment reporting in Esploro. For information on configuring the various parts of the research information hub see here.
Configuring PDF Cover Pages
Research output that is stored in Esploro can sometimes be viewed and downloaded by other researchers. Esploro repository managers at your institution can configure the cover page that will be added to the front of any such output, so that the institution branding will be present, and there will be a consistent appearance to that output.
For a video showing how to configure a PDF cover see here.
You can configure a cover for exported PDFs on the PDF Cover Page Configuration page (Configuration Menu > Repository > PDF Cover Page Configuration).
Configure the following elements on this page. When you are done, select Save.
- Resource Types – Select the down arrow at the top right of the box and select/clear the research asset types to which to add a PDF cover page.
- Format of citation – Currently, the only option is APA (American Psychological Association).
- Look for Publisher DOI – Select when Esploro will search for the publisher's DOI.
- “When asset DOI has local prefix” means that a publisher DOI should be searched when the asset DOI has a local prefix.
- “When there is a published version as a related asset or link” means that a publisher DOI should be searched when there is a published version as a related asset or link.
- Link Types – A link to the published version can take one of several forms. Select which link type(s) Esploro will link to. This field defaults to "Published Version of Record”.
- Relation types – An asset can be related to other assets or links either within Esploro or via an external URL. Enter which types of relationship will be considered valid relation types for the published version being searched. For each type of relationship that you select, Esploro will search for a publisher DOI of an asset or link that is related to the PDF's asset via the selected relationship(s).
- Number of authors below the title - In case there are several authors, select the number of authors to display on the cover. Up to seven authors can be displayed. The order in which the authors are displayed is the order defined in the list of authors on the Asset Details page.
- Include license name - Include the license name to the cover page.
- Include access rights policy - Include the access rights policy on the cover page.
- Include copyright statement - Include the copyright statement on the cover page.
- Include download date - Include the current date on the cover page.
- Do not add cover page for assets without DOI - Select to NOT add PDFs to assets that do not have DOIs.
- Horizontal line below logo - Include a horizontal line below the logo on the cover page.
- Horizontal line below title - Include a horizontal line below the title on the cover page.
- Horizontal line below citation - Include a horizontal line below the citation on the cover page.
- Include versions - Include the file's content type on the cover page.
- Repository administrator email address – Include an email address to appear on the cover page.
- Repository home page URL – Include a URL to appear on the cover page.
- Repository logo – Browse to add a logo to the cover page and select Upload Repository Logo. The image appears below this field.
You can select Generate Test Page to view how the PDF cover page will look with dummy data.
Configuring PDF Cover Page Labels
Assessment Profile Configuration
- Select Add profile. The following appears:
Assessment Profile Details
- Enter a profile code (mandatory), name, and description for the profile.
- Select Add Field to add fields to the profile. The following appears:
- Enter the following information:
- Field tag (mandatory) – a code for the field
- Display name – the name displayed for the field
- Format – the format of the field: Date, Date Range, Closed list, String, Number
- Open as default – select to have the field open by default
- Repeatable – select to allow the field to be added multiple times to the tab
- Select Save.
Repeat this step to add additional fields to the profile. A maximum of 50 fields can be added to a profile.
- Select Save to save the profile.
Select the More Options icon to view, edit, activate, or deactivate the profile. Only one profile can be active at a time.