- General System Administrator
- Letter Administrator
Configuring Component Labels to Update Common Fields Across Letters
- In the Components Configuration page, select Edit on the row action list of the component.
- Select the Labels button. Note that if the component does not have a label, the Labels button will be disabled.
- Select Customize for the label to edit.
- Update the label as needed. You also have the following options:
- Language change - If another language is configured, the Translation field opens for editing.
- Restore - If the line was modified, the Enabled and Description fields are restored to their default.
- Restore Translation - If another language is configured and the Translation label was modified, the field is restored to the default.
- When done, select Save.
- You can enable or disable the label by selecting the toggle in the Enabled column.
Customizing Component Templates to Update the Formatting and Content Across Letters
You can view and edit the template (XSL style sheet) that is used to format the component and determine which fields and text appear in the letter. Configure the template to customize what labels and data appear in the letters. In addition, you can use XSL conditional statements to make decisions about what appears in a letter, and even whether the letter is sent. For an example, see How to use the if condition to configure a letter to not be sent under certain circumstances.docx.
- Navigate to the Components Configuration page (Configuration Menu > General > Components Configuration).
- Select Edit on the row action list of the component.
- Edit the information in the XSL pane as needed.
- The available fields on this page are in the labels associated with the component and the XML fields that are generated by Esploro.
- Use the substring and string-length functions to output the last four digits of a code:
<xsl:value-of select="substring (notification_data/user_for_printing/identifiers/code_value/value,string-length(notification_data/user_for_printing/identifiers/code_value/value) - 3)"/></b>
- If the following snippet follows the address line in the SenderReceiver.xsl file, you can ensure that the user’s phone number is included in all the letters that use this template.
- Have the name of the style sheet appear as hidden text in the output by adding the following after the <html> tag.
<html> <xsl:attribute name="data-filename"> <xsl:value-of select="/notification_data/general_data/letter_type"/> </xsl:attribute>The output will include something like:<html data-filename=”FulLoanReceiptLetter”> ...
- You can use Ctrl+Shift+f to implement Prettyprint (convert and present the XSL source code with line breaks and indentations to make the code easier to read).
Select Save Draft to save your customizations as a draft. Changes done in the draft will not be applied to the component until selecting Save. The draft watermark displays in the XSL pane while in draft mode. Note that once Save is selected, the changes will be applied to all letters using this component. Select Remove Draft to erase the draft and display the last saved XSL. Select Restore to restore the XSL to its original state. Note that while a draft is active, the Edit Draft and Remove Draft options are available in the row actions menu for the component.
To preview the changes, view a letter that uses this component.
To preview changes that were made to a component draft:
, Navigate to a letter that uses this component.
In the letter, update the XSL by adding _DRAFT to the relevant <xsl:include href="" /> statement, as shown in the following example:
The preview pane will now display the draft component (the updated footer in this example), so that you can review the changes.
When the changes are complete, remove the _DRAFT suffix from the include statement:
Select Save to apply the changes to the component i.e., override the current XSL with the updates. This will also remove the draft watermark. The changes will now be applied to all the letters using this component. Note that after saving, the letter remains in the preview window. To return to the full list of letters, select Cancel.