Pivot Gallery™ is a public website where you can quickly and easily view your institution's research talent and their work.
The website is read-only. Its contents are generated automatically using the Pivot profiles related to your institution. An administrator can configure various aspects of Pivot Gallery's look and feel, as well as enable or disable profiles from appearing on the site based on their profile role.
Pivot Gallery's contents are generated automatically using the Pivot profiles related to your institution. You can configure various aspects of Pivot Gallery's look and feel, as well as enable or disable profiles from appearing on the site based on their profile role.
You configure Pivot Gallery on the Pivot Gallery Settings page (Admin > Manage Gallery > Manage Gallery).
There are three tabs. Follow the on-screen instructions to configure all settings. Changes you make are immediately visible in your current session. You must select Save to publish your changes for end-users.
You can customize the following items:
- Look & Feel tab:
- Institution Logo / URL
- Institution Favicon
- Header Bar Background / Button Color – The color of buttons and currently selected tabs throughout the site. This is also the color of the top part of the header bar if you do not select a header bar background image (next setting).
- Header Bar Background Image – The background image of the top part of the header bar.
- Search Box Background Image
- Header / Footer Links – The text and URL of links which appear at the top and bottom of the page. You can add and remove links in these boxes.
- Home Page tab:
Labels and texts for the home page, search bar, and breadcrumbs, as well as the order in which roles appear in the list of Scholars on the home page.
- Site Short Name
- Site Title
- Search Box Label
- Departments Label
- Right Column Content – A welcome message that appears on the right on the home page.
- Role Order – The order that profile roles appear in the list of Scholars on the left side of the home page. Select the up and down arrows or drag and drop the roles to change their order. You can remove roles entirely using Exclude Roles on the next tab.
- Filter & Sort tab:
- Exclude Roles – Select roles to not appear at all in Pivot Gallery.
- Default Sort Order – The default sort order of search results (by profile name or by search relevance). End-users can change the sort order while viewing the search results.