As an administrator, you can:
- Share funding opportunities directly with users (see Tracking Funding Opportunities)
- Add notes to funding opportunities (see Viewing Funding Opportunities)
- Send newsletters with funding opportunity recommendations (see Sending Newsletters)
In addition, Pivot provides additional features to recommend funding opportunities using curated lists and by adding a funding opportunity search widget to your website.
Creating Curated Lists of Funding Opportunities
A curated list of opportunities is a pre-selected (static) list of opportunities. Curated lists are visible to all users at your institution. In addition, each curated list has a unique URL that you can send or post to make it available to anyone outside of Pivot.
You can create a curated list or add funding opportunities to a curated list from any search results page after searching for funding opportunities.
You can create and delete a curated list. You can add notes to appear at the top of your curated lists. You can also add or remove funding opportunities from your curated lists. In all other respects, a curated list functions the same as a saved search, except that the contents are static instead of dynamic (the results of a saved search can potentially change each time the search is run).
You can also create a curated saved search; see Saving and Rerunning Searches for Funding Opportunities.
Managing Curated Lists
- In a list of search results for funding opportunities, select the opportunities that you would like to add to a curated list and select Curate (the Curate option appears only after you select one or more opportunities).
Funding Opportunities List
The Add Selected Opp(s) to Curated List dialog box appears.Add Selected Opp(s) to Curated ListYou can also curate a single opportunity by selecting Curate when viewing an opportunity or from the row actions when viewing your tracked or active opportunities.
- Select one of your curated lists and select Add, or enter a new list name / select Create new to create a new curated list. if you add the opportunities to an existing list, you're finished. If any of the opportunities that you selected are already on the list, they are not added again (a list cannot contain duplicates). Otherwise, if you are creating a new list, the New List dialog box appears.
- Enter the list name and select Create. Your list is created.
Your curated lists appear on the home page.
Your institution's curated lists appear on the home page. The curated lists that you created appear at the top of the list. Other lists created by your institution appear below these.
When viewing one of your created lists, select show details, select add note or the edit icon, enter the note, and select Save.
Select the link icon at the top of the list. You can copy the URL to your clipboard.
When viewing one of your created lists, select at least one of the opportunities, select Delete > Delete Opp(s), and select Yes in the confirmation dialog box. Note that deleting a list continues to exist even after you delete all of the list's funding opportunities.
If the list has no funding opportunities, when viewing the list select Delete List and select Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
Otherwise, select at least one of the opportunities, select Delete > Delete List, and select Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
Managing Curated Saved Searches
On the Saved Searches page, select Publish as Curated Search for the search and select Yes in the confirmation dialog box. The saved search is published as a curated saved search.
Curated saved searches are marked as such on the Saved Searches page.
Your institution's curated saved searches appear on the home page. You can add a note and view / copy the URL of a curated saved search in the same way that you can for curated lists.
To un-publish the list, when viewing the saved search, select Unpublish List and select Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
Sending a List of Funding Opportunities by Email
You can send a curated list, curated saved search, or the list of all internal funding opportunities to a group or all users using a newsletter. For more information, see Sending Newsletters to All/Groups of Users.