As a user, you can view and track funding opportunities, and you can enable funding alerts. These tasks are described on this page.
As an administrator, you can:
- Find and suggest funding opportunities to your institution's users. See Creating Curated Lists of Funding Opportunities.
- Create and manage internal funding opportunities that are local to your institution. See Managing Internal Funding Opportunities.
- Add a funding opportunity search widget to your website. See Adding a Funding Opportunity Search Widget to Your Website.
In addition, you can mark funding opportunities with local notes and deadlines. See below.
You can also view detailed reports about how Pivot is being used by users in Viewing Pivot Reports and Statistics.
Viewing Funding Opportunities
Each funding opportunity displays important information about the opportunity, as well as the following information / actions:
- Opp ID – This ID uniquely identifies the opportunity in Pivot. You can search for this ID using a basic search.
- Website – Select to open the URL associated with this opportunity.
- Sponsor(s) – Select a sponsor to see other opportunities by that sponsor.
- Keywords – Select a keyword to see other opportunities that share a category with this one.
- Upcoming Deadlines – See upcoming deadlines associated with this opportunity. For more information, see Deadlines.
- Track / Set to Active – See Tracking Funding Opportunities, below.
- Potential Collaborators – Select to view profiles of researchers working in the area related to this funding opportunity. Select one or more of the profiles and select Share to share the opportunity with them. Sharing funding opportunities works exactly the same way that sharing saved searches works; see Saving and Rerunning Searches for Funding Opportunities, above.
- Share – Select to share the opportunity with specific researchers or groups. Sharing funding opportunities works exactly the same way that sharing saved searches works; see Saving and Rerunning Searches for Funding Opportunities.
- Add Tags or Edit Tags – Select to add, edit, or remove tags. Tagging funding opportunities works exactly the same way that tagging saved searches works; see Saving and Rerunning Searches for Funding Opportunities, above.
- See more opps like this – Select to view other opportunities that Pivot considers similar to this one.
- Send feedback – Select to email Ex Libris any comments you have about this funding opportunity.
- Start Proposal in Cayuse – When enabled by your institution, select to manage this grant proposal in Cayuse. See Opening Cayuse from Pivot.
When viewing an opportunity, an administrator can:
- Add the opportunity to a curated list – See Creating Curated Lists of Funding Opportunities.
- See the list of users that have set alerts for the opportunity – See Enabling or Disabling Email Funding Alerts.
- Add a deadline to the opportunity – For more information, see Managing Deadlines and Deadline Reminders.
- Add a local note that appears on the funding opportunity. An administrator can also add a global note that appears on all funding opportunities. See Creating a Global Message and Site Announcements.
You add, edit, and delete local notes when viewing the funding opportunity. When adding a note, you can select to make the note private. In this case, only you see the note (no other users).
To delete a note, select Edit and select Delete.
An administrator can export funding opportunities in various output formats.
- From any list of funding opportunities (search results, curated list, and so forth), select the opportunities to export and select Export (the Export option appears only after you select one or more opportunities).
Funding Opportunities List
The Export Funding Opp Details dialog box appears.Export Funding Opp Details
- Select the output format. If you select HTML or ASCII formats, then you can also select Include search strategy to include the search parameters and filters in your export.
- Select how much of the record content you want to export. If you select Select your field, you can select or clear specific fields from the output.
Export Funding Opp Details – Select Your Fields
- Select Submit. If you selected HTML, the results appear in your browser. Otherwise, the results are downloaded to your computer.
Saving and Rerunning Searches for Funding Opportunities
You can save your searches for funding opportunities. This saves you from having to enter the criteria every time you want to run this search. A saved search is, effectively, a dynamic list of opportunities that match certain criteria. Every time you run a saved search, the list of opportunities returned may change.
You can share your saved searches with other users (and they can share theirs with you).
- Select Save Search on a search results page.
The Save Your Search dialog box appears.Save Your Search
- Enter a name for the search and select whether you would like to receive a weekly email with results of this search. Note that you can toggle the alerts setting on or off after the search is saved.
- Select Save to save your search and click OK in the confirmation message.
Saved searches appear on your home page; see Pivot's User Interface. If you have added any tags to your saved searches, you can filter your searches by selecting the tag in the left sidebar.
Searches that were added to your profile by an administrator appear with an indication (). Use the row actions to view, view historical results of, share, edit. tag, toggle alerts on/off for, or delete the search.
Select View Archived Results in a saved search row. Pivot's displays search results for the saved search over the past week. Additional weeks are available in the facets in the left sidebar.
- Select Add Tags or Edit Tags in a saved search row. The Add Tags or Edit Tags dialog box appears.
- Select from any already defined tags, or clear existing tags, and select Add or Apply. The selected tags are added and any cleared tags are removed.
To add a new tag, enter a new tag and select Create New. The New Tag dialog box appears.New Tag
- Select Create.
- Select Share in a saved search row. The Share dialog box appears.
- Enter one or more recipients (users or groups) with which to share the search. This field uses auto-complete. For more information about groups, see User Groups.
- Enter an optional message and select whether recipients can see all other recipients of your suggestion.
- Select Send.
Tracking Funding Opportunities (Tracked, Active)
You can tag funding opportunities with two levels of importance:
- Tracked – Opportunities that you want to watch.
- Active – Opportunities with which you are currently interacting: working on, applying for, and so forth. Active represents a higher level of importance.
Both lists are available on the home page. See Pivot's User Interface.
When viewing search results, you can select one or more opportunities and then select Track to add the selected opportunities to your Track list and Set to Active to add them to your Active list. When viewing an individual opportunity, you can similarly select Track or Set to Active.
When viewing either list, you can use the row actions (in the Options menu in each row) to:
- Share an opportunity and see who you have shared the opportunity with
- Remove the opportunity from the list
- Move the opportunity to the other list
- Add or edit tags
- Add or edit deadline reminders
- Add the opportunity deadlines to an external calendar application
- Toggle alerts on/off
- See how many other users have this opportunity in their Active or Tracked lists.
You can also select multiple opportunities in the list and perform some of these actions on all selected opportunities.
If an administrator has a funding opportunity in his or her Tracking or Active lists, he or she can also curate the opportunity and view the names of the users who are tracking or marked as active the funding opportunity (regular users can not see which users are tracking an opportunity, but can see how many other users are tracking the opportunity).
To see the list of users, select the relevant link in the row actions menu.
Also see the Tracked Opps Report (Admin > Reports > Funding Opps > Tracked Opps).
Sharing and tagging funding opportunities works exactly the same way that sharing and tagging saved searches works; see Saving and Rerunning Searches for Funding Opportunities, above.
As an administrator, when sharing a list of funding opportunities, you can also select to add the opportunities directly to the user(s) tracked lists. The opportunities appear with an indication that they were added by an administrator.
Enabling or Disabling Email Funding Alerts
You enable or disable weekly alerts for tracked funding opportunities and on saved searches. A weekly email is also sent for Advisor results, unless you disable it.
The alert for tracked and active funding opportunities is simply a reminder of what you have tracked. A saved search alert is only sent if there are new funding opportunities that appear for that search.
In the Saved Searches tab on the home page select Alert email on or Alert email off in the row.
In the Tracked or Active tab on the home page select Turn alert email on or Turn alert email off in the row.
Managing Deadlines and Deadline Reminders
You can configure Pivot to automatically add deadline reminders to all opportunities that you add to your Tracked and/or Active lists. To do this, see Managing Your Account. The following procedure can be used to manually add or edit deadline reminders.
- Select Add Deadline Reminder or Edit Deadline Reminder in the opportunity row. The Add Deadline Reminder or Edit Deadline Reminder dialog box appears.
Add Deadline Reminder
- Select whether to receive the reminder as an announcement in the Pivot UI or as an email (or both), and select when to receive the reminder.
- When you are done, select Update.
- Select Add to Calendar in the opportunity row. The Add to Calendar dialog box appears.
Add to Calendar
- Select to add the deadlines to your Google, iCal, Outlook, or Yahoo calendars. The external application opens and the information is added to the application.
An administrator can add an unlimited number of local deadlines to individual funding opportunities. These deadlines are visible only to your institution's users, in addition to the deadlines that are configured for the opportunity.
You can add, edit, and delete local deadlines. You cannot edit deadlines that are pre-configured for the opportunity.
To delete a local deadline, select Edit and select Delete.
Opening Cayuse from Pivot
When enabled by an administrator, the link Start Cayuse Proposal appears on funding opportunity details pages.
When the link is visible, you can select the link to start a proposal. For a federal U.S. funding opportunity, you are directed to a grants.gov workflow in Cayuse. Otherwise, you are directed to a Cayuse workflow to create a new proposal.