- Product: Primo Central
How will Primo Central and SFX reflect the recent changes in Thomson Reuter's WestlawUK?
- In light of recent changes to Thomson Reuter's Westlaw UK - Journals platform several changes are being implemented in Primo Central.
- Effective immediately the collection has been redefined as Link to Resource.
- The Operations Team is currently reconfiguring the direct links in Primo Central. The new links are scheduled to become available early in August 2019.
With the introduction of the new links, Westlaw urls will no longer require institution specific parameters. New generic links will be provided in the records and the WestlawUK_linking template will be irrelevant. In the future, the superfluous template will be removed, in the context of routine maintenance operations.
- At present Thomson Reuters cannot support the SFX/Alma Westlaw targets and they will be suspended.
- Depending on access methods and proxies, this transition, may vary from customer to customer. Please provide feedback to ProQuest-ExLibris and directly to Thomson Reuters-Westlaw so that pending issues can be resolved in a timely fashion.
- Article last edited: 01-Aug-2019