- Rialto System Administrator
- Other Settings - From here you can access a table of configurable customer parameters.
- Cart Routing - From here you can enable and define the values that will display to staff under the "Cart Routing" field in the cart, orders awaiting approval page, and order history.
- Rialto Vendor Codes - This page provides the ability to adjust the out-of-the-box Rialto orders mapping to another specific vendor or account code in Alma.
- Skip E-activation task - This page provides a table for setting a Skip E-Activation Task per platform.
- Purchase Request Form - From here you can adjust the settings for an embeddable purchase request form.
To access other settings, select Configuration menu > Market > Other Settings.
Upon page load, you are presented with a table of customizable parameters:
|Parameter key||Parameter Value options||Description|
|rialto_enable_duplicate_validation||true/false||Indicates if system validations for duplicate purchases are executed by introducing the "Allow Duplicate" checkbox option on all Rialto cart items. For more information, see Allow Duplicate Checkbox in the Submitting Cart to Approval page.
This option is selected by default. Rialto system administrators are able to set the default setting to either be enabled or disabled.
This defines the authentication method to use for faculty login from faculty title alert emails. This will be blank by default. For more information, see Faculty Title Alerts.
The string that is expected with this parameter option is SAML, CAS, etc.
|rialto_faculty_separate_list||true/false||Set this value to true to separate faculty recommended titles into a unique list for review before displaying them on the orders awaiting approval page. When set to false, these titles will appear in the orders awaiting approval page only. For more information, see Reviewing Faculty-Recommended Titles.|
|rialto_rush_checkout_enabled||true/false||Controls the behavior of displaying (true)/not displaying (false) the Rush order option. (Only print offers) When the option is selected, it instructs the vendor that rush handling applies.|
Indicates whether location and fund are mandatory fields in a selector's cart. Location and fund will always be mandatory for purchasers and approvers.
Note that this is in addition to institution-wide mandatory fields defined by an administrator, as described in Institution-level Cart Customizations.
|rialto_show_unsubscribed_platforms||true/false||Set to true to allow visibility of titles offered by platforms your institution is not subscribed to. Titles and details will appear, but titles cannot be added to the cart or DDA. Set to false to prevent visibility of titles from unsubscribed platforms.|
|rialto_show_usage_eba||true/false||Indicates whether or not to show sushi counter usage on listed titles in your EBA feed(s).|
|rialto_skip_e_activation_task||true/false||Set to true to prevent Rialto ebook orders from generating an e-activation task. Set to false to allow Alma to create e-activation tasks for each ordered title.|
By default, Rialto is configured to show holdings that are suppressed and factor them into queries for holdings. To prevent displaying and querying on suppressed holdings, set to true. For more information, see Show/Hide Suppressed Holdings.
Cart Routing allows selection staff to assign a value of your creation from the cart that acquisition staff can use to filter on from the Orders Awaiting Approval page. To learn more about how your staff can take advantage of this feature, please watch the cart routing training.
To access cart routing configuration, select Configuration menu > Market > Cart Routing.
- Within this table add a row for each value you would like to add. Each row should contain a Code and Description. The Description will appear within the routing option display within Rialto.
- Select "Add Row" after entering the code and description.
- If adding multiple values you can adjust the order of appearance using the arrows within the table.
- Select the default value that will appear to users when multiple values are created.
- Click Customize in the upper right corner.
Rialto Vendor Codes
By default, Rialto orders are mapped to the Rialto vendor. The Rialto Vendor Codes table allows you to attach Rialto orders to a different vendor of choice. This table is also used to define what vendor accounts are used for different order types. To edit vendor codes for Rialto purchases, select Configuration menu > Market > Rialto Vendor Codes.
A vendor and its accounts must be defined in Alma in order for this configuration to work.
To define what vendor and accounts Rialto uses when creating new orders:
- On the RIALTO_VENDOR row, select Customize.
- In the Code column, enter the code for the vendor you would Rialto to use when creating new orders.
- Repeat for each account in order to define where to map firm orders, DDA orders, selection plan orders, and EBA orders.
Multiple different order types can reuse the same account.
Rialto Administrators can now define for which platforms Rialto creates an e-activation task. This enables Administrators to choose which platforms generate an e-activation task.
To edit which platforms generate an e-activation task, go to Configuration menu > Market > Skip E Activation Task.
Customize each row to be "True" (creates an e-activation task), "False" (does not create an e-activation task), or "Default", which uses the value of the "rialto_skip_e_activation_task" parameter under Configuration menu > Market > Other Settings.
Purchase Request Form
You can customize a web-based purchase request form that can be used to link from any of your institution's pages. This Rialto specific form allows library patrons to submit purchase requests directly to the system.
For more information on how the web form behaves, please see Purchase Request Web Form Management.
You can configure a list of reasons to reject a purchase patron request. For more information, see Configuring Purchase Request Reject Reasons.
To edit the Rialto purchase request web form, select Configuration menu > Market > Purchase Request Form.
- Generate the web form and link (URL).
- Do this by selecting "Get purchase request form link". Once selected the web form URL will appear.
- Enable or disable the web form
- Select the "Enable the purchase request web form" to enable the form, and uncheck the box to disable the form. The form will appear inactive to patrons when disabled.
- Customize the header and footer.
- Rich text enabled for copy, and hex codes for background colors.
- Apply a university logo.
- These are the same logos entered elsewhere in Alma used for emails and homepage branding.
- Alter the form title and page description (Subtitle).
- Customize the form fields.
You can do the following in this table:
- Hide fields: In the Enable field, move the toggle off.
- Edit Field labels: The field label will contain a code for the default label. If you would like to customize it, remove the existing text and enter the new label you would like to see, no code is required.
- Make fields optional: In the Mandatory field enter 'true' or 'false'.
- Change the order of fields: In the Position field, indicate the numerical desired position of the field on screen.
- Add custom fields: Select Add Row. In the dialog box that opens, fill in the necessary fields.
- Select Save to save your changes.
The resource_metadata.title field is always displayed and mandatory in the web form. You cannot hide it and cannot make it optional.